Friday, January 13, 2012

Now you get to...?

If you look at the calendar for 2012A.D. the Gregorian one you'll notice something odd/unique. The first of the month comes on a Sunday three times this year. First in January, than April, and finally July. Is this important, nope. But it is unique maybe, but how so. For me its more odd than anything else just because of spacing. Its three months than Sunday number 1 again. I'm sure its happened before in my lifetime. It's not that I don't remember, more like I didn't care.

Memories are funny that way. I'm sure someone can remember last it happened. I though didn't care enough to notice therefore not remember. Even bothering to look it up doesn't matter to me. I remember certain things and ignore others like anyone else because it's useful. What use is remembering every single little detail if your only going to get use out of 15% of  what goes to your memory. I say remember it all anyway.

Not to use it later but to let it have a place to be. I mean if you experience it and remember it, don't forget it. It can find its own use for you when you least expect it. There's a calm that you get from having some memories that make themselves available to you in moments of stress. They come in unannounced but act as reminders about whats important. Not always the kind of memories you'd want share with others but that's fine.

There's not much point to this I know. It's just an observation I've made. I'll be watching what happens but the newest memories will fresh for however long they are needed. Than we'll file them away until their needed. After that what we do with them is as needed. At that point what we get to do with them to make them lasting memories, well that can be unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment